Pasta with sweet potato, chickpeas and feta
1 lb pasta (I like bigger shapes for this, like rotini or penne)
1-2 T. butter or olive oil, or a combination
1 large sweet potato, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 large red onion, chopped
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat water to a boil. Salt generously and add pasta
- Melt butter/oil in pan. Saute onion and sweet potato until caramelized a bit and potato is just soft all the way through (8-10 minutes). I put the lid on the pan for part of the early cooking, then take it off for the last few minutes.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (30 seconds)
- Add chickpeas and cook until heated through.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 c up cooking water.
- Mix pasta with vegetable mix, add feta and as much of the hot pasta water as you need to make it all creamy.