Pasta with Roasted Broccoli, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
1 lb bow tie pasta
1 bunch broccoli, split into bite size pieces
1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes, sliced
1/2 c. hot broth or water
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. feta cheese
1 handful fruity green olives, pitted and chopped (optional)
1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted (optional)
salt (kosher, if you have it)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. and set a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Put the broccoli on a lipped cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt. Place in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, stirring half way through, until broccoli is tender and slightly charred.
- Once the water boiling, add 1 Tbsp. of salt and add the pasta. Cook until al dente.
- place sliced tomatoes in hot liquid for 10 minutes to rehydrate slightly, save liquid to be added to pasta.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and leave in a colander while you saute the garlic and 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the pasta pot for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and liquid, broccoli, pasta, olives, pine nuts and feta. cover for a minute or two to let the cheese melt a bit. Mix and serve with Parmesan cheese.